Wednesday

Figure studies

These are some figure studies I did for a class. These first 2 are done with searching line. Using line to "sculpt" out the volume of the figure. I liked using this technique because it gives lots of volume and definition to the figure. 3D'ish. These are black conte on craft paper.These 2 are done with generic charcoal pencil on newsprint. It's quite easy for me to sketch the figure this way since this was the first media I used drawing the figure. This model was great at giving us lots of fluid movement in his poses.This last one is done on newsprint with the side of a larger piece of charcoal. It's cool drawing this way cause you can put a lot down in a very small amount of time. This guy was a great model.

2 comments:

Celina De Guzman (Lopez) said...

Great stuff. I love the line of action that you have on the charcoal figures. Nice to see you've updated your blog :D

Brandon said...

Thanks. Yeah, that model has some really crazy poses, it's pretty fun. Yeah, I'm going to try to update it more often. At least once a week! We'll see if I can stick to it. It's really cool seeing your stuff on your blog too.